Wren ZhangCRP, CEP
Job Architecture Lead, Silverline Media
Isla Hoffmann· HR Business Partner, Copperfield Mining
Posted in Sales Compensation ·
We changed the sales incentive plan this year for 210 sellers in Germany and France at a laboratory equipment company. The design work took two months. Consultation took seven. I underestimated it badly, so here is what I learned.
First, I brought a finished design. Both bodies would have been far more receptive to principles and options in the early stage. Second, I had cost models for the company but no individual impact analysis. The first question in both countries was how many people would earn less at the same performance, and I did not have the answer to hand.
Third, I assumed one timetable. In practice each country ran on its own. Next time I will start nine months ahead and bring the per-person modelling to the first meeting.
9 helpful · 5 insightful · 1 agree · 3 replies · 257 views · 5 following