Compensation Consultant, Tidewater Utilities
Kiara Moreau· Compensation Consultant, Nordvik Energy
Posted in Global & Mobility ·
I have run mobility programmes for 20 years, currently at an engineering consultancy with about 220 assignees. I think the profession keeps the home-based balance sheet as a default out of habit.
It was built for a senior employee sent abroad for three years with a non-working spouse and children. Last year 58% of our moves were people under 35, half of them single, and a third had asked to go. For them we were calculating housing norms, goods and services differentials and hypothetical tax to deliver a package they neither understood nor valued.
We now use it for under a quarter of moves. The rest get local pay plus a transparent set of time-limited supports. I am interested in where people think the balance sheet still earns its keep.
6 helpful · 4 insightful · 2 agree · 6 replies · 288 views · 6 following