Benefits Analyst, Silverline Media
Quentin Kowalski· Head of Reward, Calibre Software
Posted in Job Architecture & Careers ·
A lesson from our rollout that I wish I had read a year earlier. We are a UK retailer, about 14,000 employees, and went live with new levels and career frameworks last spring. Every people manager, 1,150 of them, attended a one-hour briefing and received a 30-page guide.
Three months later we surveyed managers. 38% could not say what distinguished two adjacent levels in their own team, and HR business partners were fielding around 90 queries a week, mostly 'what do I tell someone who thinks they are a level higher'.
What turned it round was fortnightly drop-in clinics of 45 minutes, by function, where managers brought a real case. Attendance was voluntary and ran at about 30%. Query volume halved within two months. What has worked for others after launch?
5 helpful · 1 insightful · 1 agree · 5 replies · 299 views · 4 following