Amara Larsen· Benefits Analyst, Silverline Media
Asked in New Member Welcome ·
I work in the regional rewards team of a shipping and logistics group in Singapore, covering six markets in South-East Asia. My employer is funding the certification and I have signed up for the first two exams.
The difficulty is time. Our year-end runs from October to February, I have a young family, and my first attempt at a study schedule lasted nine days.
How many hours a week did people realistically manage, and over how many weeks per exam? Did you study the materials cover to cover or go straight to practice questions?
5 helpful · 1 insightful · 3 agree · 3 replies · 162 views · 1 following
Accepted answer· by Liam Silva
About five hours a week for six weeks per exam was what I sustained, in four slots: three 45-minute early mornings and one longer session at the weekend. Anything more ambitious collapsed, as yours did. I read the materials once quickly, then spent two thirds of my time on practice questions, going back to the text only for the ones I got wrong. And do not sit an exam between October and February. Book the first for April and work back from there.
Read in the conversation ↓